Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Marketing Project Manager, NOAM to support its ongoing creative projects. If you are a seasoned project manager with a flair for marketing, operational excellence, working closely with creatives and would enjoy being at the core of executing Lightspeed’s biggest industry campaigns, this role is for you.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, NOAM and indirectly to the Marketing Program Manager you will be responsible for bringing Retail campaign briefs to life by building project plans, scheduling the team, organizing tasks and monitoring progress to ensure the campaign is launched and evaluated as planned.
You will support the marketing team’s Retail pods on specific large-scale projects and oversee capacity & resource assignment for each pod.
- Plan and build out detailed production timelines to deliver each project efficiently to meet a required deadline. Timelines should account for cross-departmental or external requirements
- Lead project planning meetings / check-ins to ensure each project is on track and that the team has all the information required to complete tasks. This includes kick-offs and briefings to the project team in collaboration with project owners.
- Daily project monitoring and communications with team and stakeholders (Marketing program manager, Creative Director, Project Owner(s), content & design team assigned and EVP Marketing) to keep all parties informed and adjust project plans according to workloads and priorities
- Ensure JIRA (project management tool) epics & tickets are built and up to date with clear task descriptions / briefs, timelines and any additional info for the content & design team to complete work
- Conduct project post-mortems in coordination with project owners and document key learnings to ensure processes & outputs are improved with each project
- Oversee team capacity planning for each industry pod in collaboration with the Industry pod lead based on a prioritized roadmap. Contribute to weekly content & design team resource scheduling & organization with functional managers as needed.
- Be proactive and identify problems that may arise within projects and propose solutions
- Be the project management tool & process champion: reinforce best practices, monitor individual rep’s board, project and tickets. Be up to date with new developments to constantly push best project management practices. Maintain smooth workflows.
- Coordinate and be the main point of contact with external freelancers, suppliers, producers per project to ensure on time and effective delivery.
- Collaborate with Project Managers on the team to contribute to ongoing operational improvements that impact overall success of the team
- Proven experience in Project Management in Marketing
- Ability to understand and own the delivery of all project deliverables required
- Thorough understanding of project planning, creative operations / marketing asset production processes.
- Bias to action - you take initiative, prioritize tasks, proactively flag issues and collaborate on solutions
- Flexible in responding to changes in business priorities; proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills in English. French an asset.
- Proven ability to interface with all levels of management with confidence
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines
- Thrives working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Experience with JIRA (project management platform) is a plus
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!