Lightspeed is looking for a Marketing Director to develop and head our lead generation strategies through online and offline marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate is data driven and technical on one side, and on another, exhibits exhibits strong strategic thinking, experience in crafting world-class marketing campaigns and has the energy and drive to own projects from ideation to execution.
Reporting to the VP of marketing, you will be driving the growth of our top of the funnel through paid and organic channels, strong tofu lead generation strategy, and overall conversion optimization.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Most important of all, our marketing team is best in class and is pretty freaking awesome. Yes! Really - If you are looking to come to work with incredible people every day and do the best work of your life, take up big challenges and push your boundaries, then you have come to the right place.
- Campaigns and Marketing programs
- Work closely with product and marketing teams to evaluate, develop, oversee and create the annual and quarterly marketing calendars, campaigns and projects to drive pipeline and revenue for business, and grow brand and product awareness
- Working closely with the company’s sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Measure, evaluate and iterate campaigns based on their performance. Oversee optimization and measurement of consumer acquisition, cross-sell initiatives, and re-marketing in order to deliver incremental sales, and enable consumer loyalty
- Define, shape and oversee all aspects of the marketing plan according to the overall marketing strategy
- Measure, evaluate and iterate campaigns based on their performance
- Work with VP of marketing and ensure that the campaigns respect the top line roadmap by product
- Own the marketing budget
- Market Penetration and Brand Partnerships
- Putting in place market penetration strategies for current or new geographies.
- Establishing a go-to market plan for M&As and product launches in new sectors and geographies
- Working closely with product owners, PMMs and marketing team to plan and launch new products and features in North America
- Working with head of acquisitions to setting regional and product targets
- Build an amazing brand identity in industry and trade publications
- Work with customers and communications director to identify the key customers and stories to do PR around the company
- 5+ years of marketing experience, in senior management roles
- Strategic, tactical, and analytical
- Great collaborator and are excited to work with various teams
- Strong management skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with digital marketing and content marketing.
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!