Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Business Analyst to join our Marketing team. Reporting to the Marketing Analytics and Systems Manager, this role is responsible for primarily supporting the different Marketing teams by analyzing business needs from various stakeholders, translating them into technical requirements and overview the implementation of the changes. You also will be an administrator of our multiples marketing Tools. If you’re an organized, ambitious, and a technical guru, then this may be the position for you. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing and implementing technical marketing solutions from start to finish.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thank to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Work with different stakeholders to understand business needs regarding marketing systems / website and translate the business needs in technical specifications for the different teams
- Manage and administrate the marketing technologies stack (Marketing automation tool, BI tool, tracking tool, segmentation and API tool)
- Suggest solutions that responds to business needs or improve current process and workflows
- Support the website development team by doing the Quality Assurance
- Work with many different technical teams at Lightspeed (Marketing automation, Web development, CRM, Data teams) in order to implement the solutions
- Managing the projects from start to finish, including creating the tasks in JIRA, developing business analysis in confluence, follow up with the teams, estimate the time to completion, and making sure the solution is adequate.
- Create documentation for the different systems when required
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing Systems
- 3-4 years’ experience in business analyst/marketing analyst/web development role
- Experience with Salesforce.com or another CRM
- Experience in marketing automation (Marketo, Autopilot, Segment.io etc.)
- Knowledge of conversions rates, leads, and other marketing analytics
- Ability to work independently
- Proven ability to implement changes and manage multiples stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent ability to analyze business needs and transfer them in technical requirements
- Fluency in French
- Experience in web development
- QA experience
- Knowledge of SQL, BI tools (Looker)
- Interest in marketing technologies
Why choose Lightspeed?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!