Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed’s Content Design & Localization team is looking for someone to help steer the localization and internationalization of our products as we continue to grow into new markets. As part of the Product & Technology department, you’ll work closely with our content designers, product managers and translators to drive voice and tone, key wording, and content for each of our supported languages.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product designers, content designers, technical writers, product managers, internal validators, engineers, and others to translate and localize our product offering.
- Ensure quality of received translations with quality assessment checks.
- Drive quality improvements.
- Relay feedback to the team of freelance translators.
- Work with developers on the technical aspects of string management in our Translation Management software.
What you’ll need to have:
- Experience with translation or translation management for one of the following language pairings: English <> German, English <> French.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English and at least one of the following languages: German or French.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and self-manage priorities.
- Strong willingness to work in a demanding, fast-paced tech environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on independent research and problem solving.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Written Communication, Translation or other equivalent field.
- Experience with software localization and linguistic validation is an asset.
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture.
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!