Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market out? Well… you might just be in the right place!
By focusing on efficiency and alignment our team has unlocked a lot of new cross-product revenue building features. This means by joining this team you will be able to see the direct impact your work has to the Lightspeed product suite.
What you will be doing
- You will contribute to the architectural decisions, tasks planification, and implementation of new features, with an emphasis on maintainable and testable code.
- You will challenge the technical decisions and propose even better solutions to our systems.
- You will refine the identity experience by ensuring our systems are scalable and secure, while providing the best user experience for our merchants.
- You will engage with the different product teams to ensure their authentication and authorization systems are correctly implemented, and assist them if need be.
- Not only will you be working with an innovative team and smart engineers, but this role will allow you to have an impact on Merchant lives from day one.
Who you are
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- You are organized and reliable, able to efficiently run multiple tasks
- You have a great attitude and work ethic
- You have strong verbal & written communication skills in English
What you’ll bring to the team
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Experience in Automation Test frameworks for Backend and Frontend applications, such as Playwright, Cypress, and/or Jest
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Datadog and/or NewRelic
- Ease of working with GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP
- Mastery of RESTful Web Services
- Operating Systems: Linux, MacOS
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Shown ability to focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Some experience with PHP and Ruby
- Experience with authentication / authorization protocols and frameworks such as OAuth
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React and/or Angular
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices
- Knowledge of Lightspeed or other POS products
What is in for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!