Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Junior Corporate Accountant. Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, the ideal candidate is a fast learner, self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of accounting duties. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this may be the position for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the senior accountants in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual closing
- Posting journal entries, preparing reconciliations and providing support in the preparation of finance internal reports
- Assisting in the departmental, regional and product allocations and performing internal controls to ensure compliance with SOX
- Providing support in the preparation of finance internal reports and ensuring expenses are recorded in the correct departments
- Assisting in the optimization of new processes
What you need to bring:
- 1-2 years experience in a similar position
- B.Comm in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong desire to learn and ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Fluency in English
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Knowledge of accounting systems (Netsuite a plus)
- Experience reporting under SOX
- IFRS knowledge
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy and healthy:
- Participate in the Lightspeed global culture
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible Work from Home policy
- HMO for employee and 2 dependents
- 15 days Vacation Leave and 10 days Sick Leave
- Night differential (where applicable) and allowances
- Health and wellness benefit of 7500PHP per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
We partner with Inform Group to employ our Lightspeed workforce in the Philippines. Inform Group hosts Lightspeed employees who enjoy the benefits of the Philippine labour code combined with the full career opportunities provided by Lightspeed.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!