As a vital part of the IT Support team, you will be responsible for providing all employees with the hardware and software they need to perform the best work of their lives. You will assist folks throughout the organization with any technical support issues or questions they may have.
Your work will have a direct impact on supporting all Lightspeed employees across our global offices and remote workers. Come and join our global IT Support crew!
Note: this position is mostly in-office, will the possibility for occasional home office. Thus, candidates must live in or near Ghent, or are willing to self-relocate.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving technical issues.
- Providing and replacing tech equipment.
- Providing standard software access.
- Ensuring desk, meeting room, and office setups are in working order.
- Documenting, tracking, and monitoring issues through a service desk.
- Referring, proposing, and creating help articles.
- Keeping the IT Asset inventory up to date.
- Actively contributing to ongoing process improvements by taking initiatives.
- Assisting in administration and maintenance of existing IT systems, and implementation of new IT technologies.
- Assisting in administration and maintenance of AV.
- Assisting in software and SaaS license management duties in order to ensure compliance and cost controls.
- Performing other duties or special projects, as required, in support of the departments’ goals.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Your customer-first mindset.
- Your ability to listen with empathy.
- 2+ years of experience with:
- GSuite and/or O365 administration
- Single Sign-On and Multi-Factor Authentication (e.g. Okta, OneLogin)
- Service Desk Platforms (JIRA, Zendesk, ServiceNow)
- Enterprise Mobile Device Management
- Experience with MacOS is a plus.
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking skills
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly, free from errors and tech jargon.
- Reliability as a teammate.
- Troubleshooting skills and excellent follow-through.
- Knowledge of technical documentation is a plus.
Who you are
- Helping others and delivering exceptional client service is in our DNA, we hope it is in yours as well!
- Being part of a team and contributing to the welfare of the team environment makes you happy.
- Being able to work autonomously and take ownership and responsibility for tasks and projects
- Getting the job done and done well satisfies you.
- You never forget the devil is in the details.
What’s in it for you
- The chance to join a small, dynamic, and caring global team.
- Communication, collaboration, creativity, and initiative are praised.
- Autonomy, flexible work culture, and the possibility of remote work.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeers- check out our website for more information!
- Opportunity to learn, expand your knowledge, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!