Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for an Intermediate Android Developer to join our Mobile team in North America and work on a variety of projects that make the life of thousands of merchants easier around the world.
For this role, you can be located in Canada +1/-1h from EST time zone.
What you’ll do:
- Implement proof of concept, prototypes and fully-tested production-grade software
- Design and implement stunning user interfaces
- Work closely with Product Manager, Product Designer and Backend teams to build highly impactful features
- Optimize performance and help to solve technical and product problems for our flagship Android product
- Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your co-workers
- Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued in new tech or library? Go for it! Let's see how it improves our app
- Be a key member of the Android team and contribute to core architecture and design discussions
- Provide estimates for development effort
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 5 people and the team is responsible for the Retail Point-of-Sale Android application.
We're looking for an Android Developer who has experience with the following:
- Knowledge of Kotlin and/or Java. You have worked with data/sealed classes, extension functions, and data parsing
- Unit testing experience is a must. Instrumented tests (Espresso), experience with Appium or Selenium would be a plus
- Working with Fragments, Activities, Material Design and Custom Views
- You have experience with RxJava and/or Coroutines
- If you have experience with Jenkins, Circle CI, or other CI/CD systems, it would be a plus
- Parsing data from an API with Retrofit and Jackson or similar would be a plus
- Profiling Android applications and optimized their performance would be a plus
- Experience with REST API or GraphQL would be a plus.
- If you have contributed to open source projects, it would be a plus
- If you have experience with background services or unreliable network conditions, it would be a plus
- Experience integrating external libraries, in particular with hardware, would be a plus.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
- LinkedIn Learning License
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!