As the HR Systems and Analytics Specialist, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of our various human resources (HR) systems, supporting the HR team and end-users, and for providing expert level reporting and insights to support HR/Business programs and projects.
This is a new role for our People Operations team where you'll have the opportunity to build the function and make sure it is aligned with our objectives and vision as we scale with the business. Our ideal candidate has solid HR systems and administration experience, vendor management skills and the ability to analyze and report on data. Ultimately, you will ensure our HR Systems and tools support our HR team, employees and other key stakeholders, while complying with data privacy laws and security guidelines. This role will report into the Director of People Operations & Programs. If you are passionate for the connection between Human Resources and Technology and how they play a role in the employee’s experience and company’s success, this is the role for you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of our HR Systems; specifically our HRIS.
- Own the full selection and implementation project of a new HRIS in 2020.
- Manage the optimization, design, development and performance of our HRIS and related business data and processes, including developing business requirements and documentation for technology-related solutions to optimize HR processes.
- Provide leadership and ensure process effectiveness for prioritizing system enhancements, new functionality, and structural policy matters related to the HRIS.
- Partner with HRBPs to influence central HR systems teams' strategies, representing the needs of the business units you support.
- Own data quality and ongoing data improvements to deliver accurate and reliable workforce data with corresponding workforce reporting and analytics.
- Ensure all HR-related systems are compliant with data protection laws and align with internal IT best practices and policies.
- Monitor requests for HR system security access and manages security procedures as required, to ensure users will be able to participate in training with appropriate access.
- Partner with the IT, IS and Security teams to provide HRIS support for organizational projects.
- Provide production support, troubleshooting and resolution to HR systems issues.
- Act as a lead for future system implementations by supporting the team throughout designing, testing and documentation.
- Ensure HR documents and guidelines are current and available to applicable audiences on internal communication channels.
- Keep track of market trends and product roadmap for existing Lightspeed products and ensure alignment.
- 5+ years of related experience, specialized in HR Information Systems
- An eye for detail, high degree of accuracy and a strong level of personal accountability
- Successful work experience in HR Systems and administration, data analysis, Compensation/Benefits etc.
- Knowledge of relational database systems and data management principles
- Highly developed problem solving and resolution skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of BambooHR, Workday, Greenhouse
- Bachelor’s Degree/Post-Secondary degree in Human Resources Management, Information Technology or Business Information Systems, or Organizational Development
- Knowledge of multi-country complexity
- Knowledge of SQL
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!