We’re building an unparalleled People & Culture team and shaping the future of Lightspeed. Lightspeed has a presence all over the globe, and we’re continuing to expand our reach. As a People Business Partner supporting our German and Swiss offices, you will be a central part of the success of our Support & Sales and Marketing teams having a direct impact on our ability to retain and grow the best talent to build our company.
What we need from you:
- Strategic and operational partnership with the business by being fully embedded within your region by understanding current business needs and by anticipating future requirements
- Not being afraid to step right in the daily operational work related to all employee matters
- In partnership with our centers of expertise, identify innovative solutions that positively impact the employee experience
- Active participation in complex projects that span across functions, regions and segments
- Partner with employees & managers as a trusted advisor
- Manage talent effectively to ensure we have the right people in the right roles.
- Drive employee related initiatives with your communication, coaching and influencing skills, and offer thought leadership in areas such as Career development, Talent Reviews, Employee
Engagement, Compensation management, etc.
- Help build organizational health by providing insightful data to guide decision making and proactive solutioning.
- Take on any additional special projects as required by your client groups or P&C team
What you bring:
- Proven experience in a Business Partner function within a software technology company
- Comprehensive understanding of German labor law (complex dismissals)
- Expertise in people integration projects, and HR operations.
- Ability to thrive in rapidly-changing environment;
- Fully bilingual (German and English); excellent communication skills.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Knowledge in Swiss labor law
- Fluency in French
Who you are:
A team player, period. You are a strong influencer and not afraid to push back for the good of our employees and the company. You can drive initiatives from start to finish all the while understanding their impact on the business. You’re a natural in networking and developing strong relationships with your colleagues.
What’s in It for You?
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Get the opportunity to work with our biggest, high-profile customers.
- Learn from our industry-leading team.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale.
- Exposure to modern and proven technology.
- Tons of growth opportunities in technical or people management roles.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders.
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!