Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full-time HR & Global Mobility Coordinator to support our growing organization. You will be a key member of a mighty HR team providing assistance, support and structure to our Global Mobility practice. As the HR & Global Mobility Coordinator, you will be the main contact for all immigration-related projects for the organization and will partner with your HR colleagues and key stakeholders to grow our Global Mobility function and assist with administrative HR tasks.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have a strong passion for people coupled with a love of process, immigration law and a can-do attitude. You are well versed in the unique challenges that come with a fast-growing organization and are ready to roll up your sleeves to deliver the best service to our expatriate employees.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Investigate, initiate and in collaboration with legal counsel, prepare immigration and entrance visa documentation for our staff to work within and relocate to work locations around the world
- Conduct the appropriate research for required legal documents and prepare instructions list accordingly
- Manage and coordinate all phases of the relocation process, including the management of external vendors and firms to ensure a smooth relocation experience
- Keep accurate and easily accessible records of personnel visas, passports and work authorizations, prompting renewals and updates as required
- Deliver accurate and solid reports, analysis and strategies on immigration to ensure compliance with Immigration authorities
- Develop and implement a global mobility policy
- Manage external relationships with relocation agencies, immigration lawyers, etc.
- Respond to manager and employee inquiries in a timely manner
- In collaboration with the HR administrator, perform administrative tasks such as updating guidelines, process, policies, budgets, expense reports and appropriate filing
- Prepare documentation and letters as needed for employee related job changes, confirmation of employment, and other requests
- Enter and process job-related changes in our HRIS and ensure accuracy with personnel changes, salary and organizational particulars, time off requests and related payroll downloads
- Extract time and attendance records and review work hours for completeness and accuracy
- Verify, process and administer documentation related to various HR activities
- Maintain HR templates and shared documents
- Provide general administrative support to the HR team and take on HR projects as needed
- 1-3 years in a Global Mobility specialist role within a software technology company
- 1-3 years experience in an HR coordination or support role
- RCIC designation
- Degree in HR, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Adept at handling sensitive documents and situations, with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Immigration regulations
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment
- Team player with the drive to work autonomously
- Fully bilingual (French and English); excellent communication skills
- Experience in a high-growth company
And when you aren't coordinating & supporting our Global Mobility practice?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!