Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Go-to-Market specialist to support its go-to-market strategy and projects. Reporting to the Marketing Program Manager you will be responsible for building the strategy, planning, scheduling, monitoring and executing global go-to-market initiatives, be this for a new company acquisition, product and feature launch.
You will be expected to work with project stakeholders across departments (both internal and external) and channels to determine & clearly outline the marketing, communications, and systems integration plan for ongoing Lightspeed company acquisitions to ensure a thoughtful brand transition. You will ensure that all tasks on a project are completed on time and delivered in coordination with other projects and that stakeholders are kept up to date of project status, key decisions and final outcomes.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Marketing project ownership
- Review & develop the go-to-market strategy around new company acquisitions, product and feature launches in line with Lightspeed’s broader communications strategy
- Develop creative marketing tactics that will reach and resonate with Lightspeed’s various audiences, in collaboration with Director of Strategic Communications, Product Marketing Managers & Product Content Managers.
- Gather metrics & insights to evaluate the performance of GTM efforts
- Develop a guide for the marketing component of Lightspeed company acquisitions that considers resources & tools to aid future acquisitions (e.g. brand guidelines, marketing process guides, FAQs)
- Support initiatives to build regional market insights as Lightspeed expands its product portfolio in new regions
- Plan and build out detailed production timelines to deliver each project efficiently & to meet a required deadline. Timelines should account for cross-departmental, system or external requirements
- Lead project planning meetings / check-ins to ensure each project is on track and that the team has all the information required to complete tasks. This includes kick-offs and briefings to the project team.
- Regular project monitoring and communications with team and stakeholders (Marketing program manager, Creative director, internal / external departmental leads, content & design team assigned and VP Marketing) to adjust project plans according to workloads and priorities
- Be proactive and identify problems that may arise within projects and propose solutions
- Collaborate with fellow Project Coordinators and contribute to the overall success of the team
- 2-3 years experience in Marketing
- Ability to understanding and own all project deliverables required
- Have a thorough understanding of the channels a business must consider in systems & brand integration
- Have a thorough understanding of project planning, production / go live processes.
- Takes initiative and prioritizes tasks; ability to track tasks in project management software tool, and flag issues to campaign managers for problem-solving
- Flexible in responding to changes in business priorities; proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Proven ability to interface with all levels of management
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines
- Comfortable with working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Knowledge in marketing & launching B2B software is an advantage
- Experience with JIRA – project management platform
- Spoken & written French
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!