We are on the hunt for a full-time Front-End Developer to join our Montreal-based web development team in our Marketing department.
Don't mistake us for a typical corporation. We will let you write the code and bring your ideas. We will believe in you and give you creative freedom to allow you to do the best work of your life. Sounds good? Perfect! We've got what it takes to keep you feeling challenged and empowered.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in the design process and create beautiful / functional web components and applications, with a focus on the client side;
- Evolve and implement new and existing UI
- Collaborate with different teams to deliver features and functionality;
- Participate in code reviews and peer support;
- Stay up to date with the latest front-end technologies to ensure we are always using the best practices;
- Be a promoter of great UX;
- Grow yourself and your peers through peer mentoring and collaboration.
What you need to bring:
- Knowledge of semantic HTML, CSS and CSS preprocessors (Sass, LESS, etc.);
- Experience with bundlers and task runners (Webpack, Gulp, etc.);
- Familiarity with jQuery or other JS libraries;
- Familiarity with JS frameworks (React, Vue.js, etc.);
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions;
- Experience building responsive web components;
- A keen interest in user interface design and user experience best practices;
- Experience with the latest front-end technologies;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Team player
And even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with accessibility best practices;
- Experience working in complex microservices architecture;
- Experience with writing tests, including unit tests, integration tests and e2e;
- Experience with typescript;
- Experience using the command line tool;
- Experience using node dependency management (npm, yarn);
- Experience using continuous integration services (CircleCI);
- Experience with PHP and PHP templating languages (Twig);
- Experience with Wordpress and ACF plugin;
- Experience using Gutenberg;
- Experience developing production-grade web applications;
- Experience using version control system (Git) and version control hosting services (Github);
- Experience working in an Agile development environment;
- Familiarity with AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
Now, what is in it for you?
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!