As part of the finance team, you will help the financial reporting team grow by aiding in the quarterly and annual financial reporting process. You will work on technical accounting analyses, as well as participate in various ad hoc projects throughout the organization. You will also be a key player in the internal compliance process.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Reporting to the Financial Reporting Director, you will assist in the preparation of quarterly/annual financial reports (Financial Statements, MD&A, Earnings Release, Conference Calls, Investor Deck) as well as ensuring consistency across these reports
- Preparation of the various analyses supporting the financial statements
- Producing accounting analyses in line with IFRS, in areas such as IFRS 15 & 16, business acquisitions, share based payments, financing transactions and various other topics
- Participating in the internal and external audit process
- Improving the implementation of Workiva and acting as a champion of the platform
- Participating in special projects (internal controls, treasury, acquisitions, process improvements, providing technical accounting trainings)
- Playing a key role in the design, implementation and testing of operating effectiveness of internal controls, as well as supporting the Manager, Treasury, Risk & Compliance, in various projects.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- CPA or in process of obtaining a CPA designation
- At least 3 years of experience as an auditor, accountant or finance professional
- Robust knowledge on application of IFRS technical accounting
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and spoken English
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with Workiva and/or Netsuite
- Experience in a high growth, technology company
- Excellent written and spoken French
Who you are
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented, able to multitask and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- You have an interest in strengthening your knowledge in technical accountancy and keeping up with the latest developments in accounting and financial reporting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- You have great analytical skills, and professional judgement
What’s in it for you
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- You will be able to advance your career by developing both interpersonal skills and gaining experience in a high growth industry
- Constant development of your financial skillset and business knowledge with tons of growth opportunities
- Be part of a hard-working team who has great chemistry both inside and outside the office and is looking for someone to add to this dynamic environment
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD).
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!