As Director, Support, your main goal will be to embrace and leverage our guiding principle of #makeitaboutthecustomer! You will take our Hospitality support offering to the next level with a focus on operational excellence, true teamwork and inspiring a vision for the future. You will lead a team responsible for ensuring incredible customer support, delivering knowledgeable and efficient support to our hospitality customers. You will drive our support strategy, policies and standards in an effort to increase reliability, reduce issues and provide effective and efficient operation of our hospitality support organization.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Establish operational infrastructure to lead initiatives with a main focus on #makeitaboutthecustomer
- Develop processes, tools, training and methods of communication based on best practices and innovative solutions to improve customer satisfaction and retention and increase stakeholder enablement and action
- Set service level standards for customer issue resolution and monitor service offerings to ensure resolutions of issues meet and exceed standards
- Implement strategies to improve issue resolution across all customer touchpoints to increase revenue retention
- Define, track and report on key performance indicators to determine support effectiveness and efficiency
- Participate and mitigate customer escalations and communicate outcomes with internal and external stakeholders
- Use a disciplined and data driven approach to define problems, test solutions and develop a proactive people plan
- Partner with Onboarding and Customer Success on strategic initiatives to constantly improve the customer experience and our overall quality
- Collaborate with our Customer Effectiveness, Product and Engineering teams to resolve complex, technical issues, document product bugs and influence our product roadmap
- Act as a liaison between Engineering, Customer Success and Sales on technical issues affecting our customers
- Mentor, coach, develop and motivate a team of senior and frontline managers to continuously achieve performance targets
- Identify actions to drive continuous improvement while also maintaining accountability for achieving the outcomes
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Senior Leadership experience in a SaaS technical support, client services or customer focused organization
- Experience leading and developing a Customer Support or Client Services team
- Proven skills working in a collaborative environment and willing to roll up your sleeves to make a lasting difference on our customers and our business
- Excellent communication, presentation, listening and problem solving skills
- Analytical, detail oriented and solid project management skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to overcome obstacles to meet deadlines
- Solution oriented with a strong track record of innovation and process improvement
- Superb business acumen and knowledge of current industry trends
- Curious thinker who will rigorously question assumptions and with a solid ability to make decisions based on the information available
- Knowledge of common IT service delivery frameworks such as ITIL
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!