Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for a product leader to lead our Capital team.
About the Role
Lightspeed Capital provides a vital influx of cash for small businesses at the click of a button. These businesses are often unsupported by banks, and have a hard time getting funding. Lightspeed Capital enables them to repay as a % of their revenue, without any work from them.
Capital is a huge bet for Lightspeed as we look to provide Financial Services. We are in the early stages of that journey, and growing rapidly. We manage the full journey today, and have the opportunity to evolve it as we see fit.
We are looking for a product lead, who can lay out the strategy, and cross functionally to deliver it (with direct management of PMs).
- Deeply understand customer needs by spending time with customers, sales, and support
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for Lightspeed Capital, including new opportunities and insights
- Own decisions directly impacting the top line growth of the capital business.
- Work closely with functions across the organization on the complete business
- Operate a fast executing, user centric team that delivers on their goal
- Manage a team of PMs in delivering on this plan.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Product experience: You have 10-12+ years of product experience.
- Leadership: You have a demonstrated track record of operating across a cross functional business, including management of PMs and strategy setting.
- Technical expertise: You’ve led technical, modeling or fintech products, and care deeply about how all the pieces of a product fit together.
- Fast pace: You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- Scaling experience: You’ve built products from early stage through to scaled programs..
- Analytical horsepower: You have a demonstrated aptitude for digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results.
- Crisp communication skills: High attention to detail including precise and effective communications, including with external customers/partners
- Fintech product experience
- Software engineering experience
- Payments, banking or credit experience
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and let’s have a chat!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the option of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
- … and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.