Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Director of Product Management to join our Retail team. You will lead 5 teams and re-imagine the assortment planning process within major retailers (E.g. Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Ave), challenging current assumptions and leveraging new technology to drive outcomes that have never before been possible. This is a unique opportunity to work in a company who is the leader in its market and continues to invest in expanding its advantage. In addition, you'll work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment with experienced industry leaders.
For this job, we are open to office based or remote candidates based in Eastern NoAm or EMEA, as much as you are ok with occasional travels to your main customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leverage market analysis, insights into industry trends, competitive knowledge, and extensive customer research to help define and prioritize the product roadmap
- Identify opportunities for growth and competitive differentiation through new features or services
- Lead business process modeling sessions, facilitating discovery to develop business cases
- Articulate and document end-to-end user and system workflows to identify areas of opportunity and functional gaps
- Help digest and organize feedback into the planning and execution of the right features that add the most platform value
- Develop and execute a go-to-market strategy & plan in collaboration with marketing, sales, sales enablement, support and customer success
- Collaborate with UX Design and Engineering teams to deliver high-impact and high-quality product releases on time
- Partner with Account Managers who have deep knowledge of the specific needs of our clients, and problems we’re trying to solve
- Use data and good judgment to quickly make tradeoffs decisions on prioritization.
- Meet regularly with existing customers and prospects to develop a deep sensitivity to customer pain points and problems and solicit feedback on potential solutions
- Analyze and develop solutions for business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Constantly measure effectiveness & usability of features and evaluate the success of the product
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a Director/Senior Director level candidate who has experience with the following:
- 10+ years experience in product management.
- 3+ years industry relevant experience in retail, especially fashion and luxury categories
- E-commerce and/or B2B SaaS platforms experience
- Ability to drive initiatives and sprint planning in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational sense, process driven mentality
- Appreciation of UX and Front-End best practices
- You’re empathetic, a people’s person, and are easy to talk to
- Care passionately about customer satisfaction with attention to detail
- Act as a cohesive member of the team, serving as champion for your customers and bringing together business and product strategy, design and engineering perspectives
- Show initiative in identifying and solving business problems and user pain points
- Experience working with a geographically diverse development team using agile methodologies
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of 400€ per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!