Lightspeed is currently seeking a Director of Product Management to help grow, inspire, and lead our Payments team. Reporting to the Head of Payments, this key role is responsible for strengthening Lightspeed’s product vision and position as a payments provider. From maturing our current product offerings to developing innovative new products and ideas based on industry experience and market feedback, the Director of Product Management will collaborate with all Lightspeed teams to provide the amazing products to our customers. We’re looking for a high-energy executor with a natural sense of curiosity and a unique blend of business and technical savvy. We want a team player with big-picture vision and the drive (and guts) to make that vision a reality.
What you’ll be responsible for :
- Design, implement, manage and measure Lightspeed’s product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities (you must love doing just as much as you love planning)
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the competitors/markets via product metrics, usability studies, research and market analysis, and killer instincts
- Perform consumer needs analysis, market sizing and segmentation, and competitive analysis to help us identify the features that will address key consumer opportunities
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going conversations with customers, non-customers, and channel partners - leave no stone unturned!
- Collaborate with the Engineering team, providing them business context and engaging them to build the right products on time
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Know Lightspeed inside out and backwards - assist other business functions with press briefing, industry talks, white papers, product collateral and demos, product pricing, and customer issues
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Manage and inspire a team of Product Managers to identify product requirements and release milestones and drive project execution and delivery
- Provide leadership to a high performing team and drive a culture of collaboration and ownership
- Experience evolving in Agile/Scrum development cycle, building and delivering high quality software on time
- Be a key member of the Agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise
- Be the company expert on our competition
- Vision, drive, and passion for making incredible products and a high tolerance for making bold decisions
- Collaborating effectively and influencing team members at all levels and across business functions
- Strong visual design and user experience sensibilities
What’s in it for you:
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.