Lightspeed is looking for a Director of Performance Marketing to develop and head our lead generation strategies through online and offline marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate is data driven and technical on one side, and on another exhibits strong leadership traits to drive our acquisition team and the acquisitions roadmap from ideation to execution.
Reporting to the VP of marketing, you will be driving the growth of our top of the funnel through paid and organic channels, strong tofu lead generation strategy, and overall conversion optimization.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Most important of all, our marketing team is best in class and is pretty freaking awesome. Yes! really - We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. So, if you are looking to come to work and work with incredible people every day and do the best work of your life, you have come to the right place.
- Leads acquisition
- Oversee Lightspeed’s organic and paid acquisition efforts across all channels (SEM, SEO, Social, Affiliate, referral, etc… )
- Drive testing and optimization of organic and paid funnels - from generating more traffic at the top to better conversions at the bottom.
- Work closely with content team to implement strong content conversion tactics (Gated leads, top of funnel leads, SEO driven blog, etc..)
- Manage, optimize and test new paid channels, keyword and messages.
- Pair with our data science team to continually improve the way the acquisition team reports, measures and understands their work.
- Scale the company’s efforts around ad trafficking, bid and budget management for paid digital channels. Be adept at using technology to automate digital marketing, and to know the limitations of that automation
- Manage the Acquisitions budget
- Control cost per conversion and cost per acquisition/lead
- Campaigns and Marketing programs
- Working with sales and marketing teams to evaluate, develop, oversee and create the annual and quarterly marketing acquisitions calendars, campaigns and projects to drive pipeline and revenue for business and grow brand and product awareness
- Implement and manage both online and offline marketing programs that will enable the business to meet consumer acquisition targets, revenue targets, and overall goal achievement
- Measure, evaluate and iterate campaigns based on their performance. Oversee optimization and measurement of consumer acquisition, cross-sell initiatives, and remarketing in order to deliver incremental sales, and enable consumer loyalty
- Work with Acquisitions, SDR, Systems, Nurture and data teams to build the list of tactics to optimize the customer acquisition journey
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing and lead acquisition initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Leadership and Management
- Lead, manage and coach the acquisitions team, offering assistance in the execution of their duties, and ensuring that their professional skills are constantly improving
- Grow the acquisitions team globally by working closely with European Marketing Director.
- Previous experience working as an Acquisitions or Marketing Director
- 3-5 years of paid acquisition, media planning, or growth marketing experience
- Deep experience with ad technology platforms, analytics and BI tools, and A/B testing tools
- Understanding of marketing attribution, tracking, and pixel implementation
- Strategic, tactical, and analytical
- Great collaborator and are excited to work with various teams globally to manage paid acquisition
- Strong management skills
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!