Lightspeed is looking for a Director of Marketing to develop and head our lead generation strategies through online and offline marketing campaigns for our North American Market. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Marketing - Global Retail you will be driving the growth of our top of the funnel through paid and organic channels, working on marketing campaigns, strong lead generation strategy, and overall conversion optimization.
The ideal candidate is data driven and technical on one side, and on another, exhibits strong strategic thinking, experience in crafting world-class marketing campaigns and has the energy and drive to own projects from ideation to execution.
Do we match?
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Retail Campaigns and Marketing programs
- Own all lead acquisition and revenue targets for the Retail industry in North America
- Partner up with the Retail Product, Product Marketing and Marketing teams to evaluate, develop, oversee and create the annual and quarterly marketing roadmaps, campaigns and projects to drive pipeline and revenue for business, and grow brand and product awareness
- Work closely with the company’s Retail Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Measure, evaluate and iterate campaigns based on their performance. Oversee optimization and measurement of customer acquisition, cross-sell initiatives, and remarketing in order to deliver incremental sales, and enable consumer loyalty
- Define, shape and oversee all aspects of the Retail marketing plan according to the global marketing strategy
- Measure, evaluate and iterate campaigns based on their performance
- Work with the Sr. Director of Marketing and Global GM of Retail to ensure that the campaigns respect the top line roadmap by product
- Work with the Sr. Director of Marketing to set and own the Retail marketing budget
- Market Penetration and Brand Partnerships
- Develop market penetration strategies for the Retail industry in the North American market
- Establish a go-to market plan for M&As and product launches in the North American market
- Work closely with product owners, PMMs and marketing team to plan and launch new products and features in North America
- Build an amazing brand identity in industry and trade publications
- Work with Customers and Communications Director to identify the key customers and stories to do PR around the company
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 7+ years of marketing experience developing and leading marketing roadmaps, campaigns and projects from customer insight to ideation and execution
- A strategic and analytical leader with a customer-centric focus and ownership mentality to deliver on business objectives and high-growth targets
- Strong mastery for identifying marketing opportunities for new customer acquisition and for growing an existing customer base
- Excellent collaborator with experience working with Product, Marketing and Sales leaders of various seniority
- Strong project management and communication skills to lead and influence multiple stakeholders to meet project objectives and deadlines
- Superior analytical skills with proven data tools experience including Excel, Looker, etc.
- Experience directly managing a cross-functional marketing team (growth marketing, product marketing, content, design) in a matrix environment
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience in growth marketing, product marketing or brand management
- Experience working with a globally dispersed team
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!