Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
NuORDER by Lightspeed has a strong history of innovation and has built the leading wholesale B2B commerce platform in the cloud.
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering who will focus on the rapidly growing core of our application. You will be in charge of building and maintaining teams, scaling services, helping architect solutions, continuously improving engineering processes, and maintaining collaboration between product, engineering and customer-facing teams.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a company who is the leader in its market and continues to invest in expanding its advantage. In addition, you'll work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment with experienced industry leaders.
For this job, we are open to office based or remote candidates based in Eastern NoAm or EMEA, as much as you are ok with occasional travels to your teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead 5+ globally distributed teams that are building the core of our collaborative B2B commerce platform
- Managing complex data integration, algorithms and analytics managing frontend and backend development
- Run an efficient metrics-based team process to execute on business priorities in a timely and predictable manner
- Build highly reliable and scalable platform components with streamlined deployments, alerting/monitoring, and security of the next generation B2B commerce platform
- Partner with product management to build the best product in the market
- Engage with the business stakeholders for updates/business context/etc to ensure we are building the right product.
- Hire, develop and retain top talent in the industry
- Think big and build the best teams to deliver the products that customers love!
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a Director/Senior Director level candidate who has experience with the following:
- 5+ years of leading multiple teams for large-scale SaaS companies. Engineers will need to respect you for your organizational skills and technical achievements.
- You will need to know in depth how the best SaaS platforms operate - infrastructure, CI/CD, databases, backend, frontend, analytics, metrics, BI, data engineering, integrations, data science and architecture. An applicable experience building SaaS platforms is preferred.
- Experience in scaling and managing global and diverse teams - North and South America, EMEA. Attract, retain, develop talent at all levels - Managers and individual contributors. Understand how to build and improve engineering culture.
- Strong decision making skills, ability to operate autonomously, to extract and prioritize information, and to exercise good judgment calls. Experience scoping and leading complex multi-team and multi-year initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to drive outcomes and be articulate with technical and non-technical audiences. Create effective frameworks for feedback and solutions on complex topics. Able to operate effectively in a cross-functional organization collaborating with product, and business partners.
- Process improvement mentality. Track record of growth of engineering efficiency through tools, data driven approach and team organization.
- Life-long continuous learning of business, management and technology.
- Experience with K8S on GCP/AWS or Azure. Experience with building solutions on PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Bigtable, Node.js, Go, Java, Typescript, React, Swift.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits* that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry: *may vary upon locations
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!