Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the hunt for a Development Team Lead to join our Amsterdam-based Development team.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You’re a leader with a strong technical background matched by a passion for web/cloud technologies. You're pretty awesome at supporting, mentoring and managing a team, and have a reputation for delivering. You slay at problem-solving, and your not-so-secret weapon is pragmatism. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, and you pride yourself on being able to bridge the gap between stakeholders and developers.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one point of sale system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Manage a team of software developers within a full stack Agile environment
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks that inhibit the team’s ability to deliver
- Help decompose high level requirements into development tasks and work items for delegation
- Keep the team informed regarding expectations, priorities, release status and project schedules
- Lead effort estimation for sprint and product roadmap deliverables
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices
- Identify areas of strategic technical debt and communicate cost/benefit analysis and mitigation plans
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team
- Participate in code reviews in order to teach and enforce high standards of code quality
- Support the tools and products that the team delivers
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team comprised of more than 3 developers
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications
- Professional experience with and solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams including QA, Product and Customer Support
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience as a DevOps, Sysadmin, or Webmaster
- Project Management or Scrum master experience (or formal training)
- Experience with BI and Big Data pipelines
- Experience managing QA resources
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence
- Working proficiency in Dutch
And when you’re not working on the product?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Ability to work with highly skilled people and grow within the global Lightspeed Development team
- Even if we became bigger everyone has an impact on the company as a whole
- We encourage initiatives and leadership
- Dedicated innovation time built in to your sprint
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Fun activities with your teammates - Be part of the Lightspeed Family!