Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You’re a leader with a strong technical background. You're pretty awesome at supporting, mentoring and managing a team, and have a reputation for delivering. You slay at problem-solving, and your not-so-secret weapon is pragmatism. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, and you pride yourself on being able to bridge the gap between stakeholders developers.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Guide, motivate, and grow a team of skilled software developers as they solve complex business problems;
- Facilitate development planning, retrospectives and demos;
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks that inhibit the team’s ability to deliver;
- Help decompose high level requirements into development tasks and work items for delegation;
- Keep the team informed regarding expectations, priorities, release status and project schedules;
- Lead effort estimation for sprint and product roadmap deliverables;
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices;
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team;
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization;
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team;
- Participate in code reviews in order to teach and enforce high standards of code quality;
- Support the tools and products that the team delivers.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team comprised of more than 5 developers
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications;
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud computing;
- Professional experience with and solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Great problem solver;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (French and English)
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams including QA, Product and Customer Support
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience in the Retail industry
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience as a DevOps, Sysadmin, or Webmaster
- Project Management or Scrum master experience (or formal training)
- Experience with BI and Big Data pipelines.
- Experience managing QA resources
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!