Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You’re a leader with a strong technical background. You're pretty awesome at supporting, mentoring and managing a team, and have a reputation for delivering. You slay at problem-solving, and your not-so-secret weapon is pragmatism. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, and you pride yourself on being able to bridge the gap between stakeholders developers and applied research.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thanks to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Guide, motivate, and grow a team of skilled software developers as they solve complex business problems;
- Facilitate development planning in collaboration with product managers, customer success and other internal teams.
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks that inhibit the team’s ability to deliver;
- Help decompose high level requirements into development tasks and work items for delegation;
- Keep the team informed regarding expectations, priorities, release status and project schedules;
- Lead effort estimation for sprint and product roadmap deliverables;
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices;
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team;
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization;
- Coordinate with supporting data teams to ensure work aligns with overall Data Group objectives and deliverables.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience leading a team comprised of more than 5 developers
- a minimum of 3 years with technical product management experience or internal facing product management
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications;
- Experience with research methodology ideally with a strong background in statistical analysis
- Advanced skills in Python, PHP, Ruby, or other languages
- Professional experience with and solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (French and English)
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams including Product and Customer Support, Marketing
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience as a DevOps, Sysadmin, or Cloud Infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Project Management or Scrum master experience (or formal training)
- Experience with BI and Big Data pipelines.
- Experience managing QA resources
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!