Lightspeed is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist in Amsterdam with a natural disposition in helping others and strong troubleshooting skills to provide technical support for internal staff. Reporting to the Desktop Support Manager in Montreal, QC, the Desktop Support Specialist will have outstanding customer service, communication and interpersonal skills. This person will be the friendly and knowledgeable face of IT, providing day-to-day software, hardware, and telephone support.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Manage the effective resolution of reported support issues in an efficient manner;
- act as a technical authority, providing expertise to both team members and users;
- ensure that we surpass internal clients’ expectations;
- keep internal clients informed in a professional manner ensuring accuracy of detail;
- troubleshoot problems and provide advice on appropriate and required actions;
- install, support and provide routine maintenance to hardware and software;
- ensure that documentation and job notes are kept up-to-date and accurate;
- manage the IT inventory;
- participate in IT projects;
- handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by the manager.
- 1-3 years of experience in IT support;
- experienced knowledge of Mac OS X & IOS;
- knowledge of Windows 10;
- understanding and working knowledge of active directory, group policy and domain controllers;
- knowledge of VPN, Wi-Fi and other networking technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP;
- understanding of AV technologies and experience of their administration;
- understanding of virtual computing such as VMware;
- ability to articulate at a technical and non-technical level for clients with varying levels of IT competency;
- natural interest in IT and new technology;
- excellent organization, prioritization and communication skills;
- keen eye for detail;
- fluency in Dutch;
- fluency in English;
- may need to be on call.
- Knowledge of Atlassian Suite;
- knowledge of JAMF MDM solution;
- knowledge of Zoom conferencing solutions;
- knowledge of Google Admin Console;
- knowledge of Slack;
- knowledge of Linux.
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals;
- an environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more;
- daily catered lunches and snacks;
- free Friday afternoon drinks;
- work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!