Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Design Manager to join our Product Design team in Montreal. In this role, you will ensure your product design team delivers user experiences that retailers will find useful and love to use across their streams, while growing the team in their professional competence. You will also be responsible for researching, designing and prototyping user experiences for your own product stream.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating: Responsible for production deliverables for a delivery stream. These should communicate the full design solution to the wider delivery team that serves as documentation for implementation.
- Managing: Manage a team of designers, including guiding their career planning and managing their workload.
- Leading: Developing the Design practice throughout Lightspeed through both the direct application of tools, techniques and processes, and empowering others through teaching and guidance.
And a little bit of....
- Researching the latest best practices in design.
- Contributing to the improvement and documentation of our design processes.
- Contributing as part of the wider team to achieve organisational objectives even if this means doing things that aren’t strictly within the scope of your role!
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- A design-thinking education (Bachelor of Design, or Visual Arts, or Architecture, or Industrial Design, or Communication)
- Prior relevant design leadership or management experience
The tools you will use in our team are: Figma and Miro
It would be great if you had experience or an understanding of the following tools:
- Invision, or HTML, CSS, and JS (for Prototyping)
- Abstract (for Source Control)
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!