Lightspeed POS Inc is seeking a bilingual corporate lawyer to join its growing legal team. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, has 3-6 years of broad corporate transactional experience gained in a fast-paced environment and is extremely attentive to detail. This is your chance to advance your career in-house with a fast-growing tech company where your work will have direct and visible impact on the results.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Provide support on complex, cross-functional projects and ad hoc analysis.
- Advise and manage a variety of corporate, M&A and similar transactions and provide advice on corporate governance.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to stakeholders including the Board of Directors, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
- Assist with litigation management, employment matters, data protection and other compliance matters.
- Develop, draft, revise, administer, implement and interpret the company’s compliance policies, procedures and programs.
- Use judgement, make recommendations, and solve legal or business problems, sometimes within tight deadlines.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and government authorities as required.
- Participate in the training of colleagues and stakeholder groups.
- Assist in managing outside counsel engagements.
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Assist with special requests from the executive team.
- LLL or BCL or LLB/JD a requirement for the position, as well as being a member in good standing of one of the Canadian provincial law societies or bar associations;
- 2-6 years corporate transactional experience
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Adept problem solver
- Strong knowledge of contract terms and conditions, including liability, indemnity, limitation of liability and IP considerations
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative
- Able to handle a high volume of assignments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken French and English
- In-house experience
- Having both a civil law and a common law degree
- Public offering experience
And what's in it for you?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!