We are looking for a Content Specialist Intern to join our Marketing team. You will be the voice of Lightspeed to our Flemish/Dutch-speaking customers in Belgium & The Netherlands, writing and optimizing content that nurtures our community and delivers positive business outcomes.
You have a strong passion for writing and marketing coupled with a love of process and a can-do attitude.
We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, and a strong desire to learn. We're a fun team and have a great company culture. With talented marketing teams throughout Europe, North America and Australia, you’ll have lots of opportunities to collaborate internationally—we can’t wait to meet you!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Help with creating and localizing content in Flemish/Dutch for various marketing channels (website, blog posts, customer cases, newsletter, emails, media buy, social media, etc.);
- Work with the regional team to implement local and global content such as building a top of funnel audience, implementing SEO best practices, measuring results and iterating accordingly;
- Assist with the production of marketing materials;
- Provide content support for marketing events (webinars) and exhibitions as required (content for banners, flyers, etc.);
- Do market research and various ad hoc tasks;
- Coordinate the scheduling and distribution of original content through social media (Facebook and LinkedIn)
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Studies in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Translation or Marketing;
- An understanding of marketing principles (content marketing, content performance, SEO, link-building, etc);
- Excellent Dutch/Flemish and English writing and speaking skills;
- Be a great team player
- Knowledge of social media platforms;
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Retail, Restaurant or eCommerce experience;
- Experience with writing blogs;
- Experience with WordPress;
- Passion for technology
- Fluency in other languages (preferably French)
What's in it for you?:
You'll be part of a rapidly growing, international company where communicating with potential partners to boost the business was never such fun. We stand strong with our mission to make businesses grow.
At the end of your internship you will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- First steps in an exciting and growing international tech sector
- Nurturing opportunities in both Technical Sales and Product Development
- Learning new industry leading digital tools
- Improving your blog, content and communication skills
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An international environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
- The ability to do the internship fully remote (in Belgium) and still get all the guidance and support from our amazing team
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Social events throughout the year.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!