Lightspeed is looking for a results-driven Content Specialist with excellent Dutch written skills to join our Marketing team in Amsterdam. Reporting to the Global Head of Content, the candidate will be the voice of Lightspeed to our Benelux customers, writing and optimizing content that nurtures our community and delivers positive business outcomes.
We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, equal parts data-driven/creative, and a strong desire to learn and grow. We're a fun team and have a great company culture.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. The successful candidate will be customer oriented and self-motivated. As our target customer base is retailers and restaurateurs, prior experience in these fields is a plus.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Distribution of global assets
- Work with our North American content team and local agencies to translate, distribute and scale content assets including blog posts, newsletters, case studies, landing pages, social media posts, webinars, white papers, etc, to drive organic traffic and help acquire new customers.
- Coordinate the scheduling and distribution of original content through social media.
- Creation of local content strategy for Benelux
- Work with the Head of Content to implement content strategies such as building a top of funnel audience, implementing SEO best practices, measuring results, and iterating accordingly.
- Promote the Lightspeed brand and our products through creative content.
- Aid in the development of the strategic marketing and communications vision for the company.
- Develop relationships with influential bloggers and websites in the retail and restaurant industry.
- Engage with our customer base and site visitors to build community and offer support.
- Edit and format web content to ensure it follows our corporate branding and style guidelines
- Define the intended outcomes of content production and promotion.
- Stay up to date with industry news and trends.
- 2+ years working in content creation
- Excellent Dutch and English writing and speaking skills
- Superior storytelling skills
- Advanced level SEO understanding, with an emphasis on content categorization and structure
- Strong online research skills
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms
- Comfortability with modern web technologies and marketing applications (including content management systems like Wordpress)
- Advanced level abilities with analytics tools like Google Analytics and Looker
- Experience working cross-functionally, especially across marketing disciplines, sales, design, and engineering
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks efficiently
- Have a strong work ethic and desire to learn/grow
- Relevant diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing is a plus
- Familiarity with photo/image editing (Photoshop) and video is a plus
- Experience in retail and/or restaurant industries is a plus
- Fluency in languages other than Dutch and English is a plus
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more;
- Daily catered lunches and snacks;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work are essential.
**Please submit an English CV when applying.
Are you curious about how we work at Lightspeed before you consider applying with us? Then join us at our Career Night in Amsterdam. This event will be May 13th from 17:00 until 20:00. Register via Eventbrite.