Lightspeed is looking for a results-driven, Content Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing team in Montreal. We’re changing the way independent businesses run, and we’re looking to YOU—a motivated, high energy content specialist—to build and nurture our growing audience and customer base. This position will be responsible for creating content that delivers positive business outcomes.
We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, equal parts data-driven/creative, and a strong desire to learn and grow within the company. We're a fun team and have a great company culture. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. The successful candidate will be customer oriented and self-motivated. As our target customer base is retailers and restaurateurs, prior experience in these fields is a plus. We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work are essential.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Content strategy and creation
- Work with the Head of Content to implement content strategies such as building a top of funnel audience, implementing SEO best practices, measuring results, and iterating accordingly.
- Write blog posts, case studies, guides, and other content pieces that promote the Lightspeed brand and product suite.
- Aid in the development of strategic marketing and communications vision for the company.
- Develop relationships with influential bloggers and websites in the retail and restaurant industry.
- Engage with our customer base and site visitors to build community and offer support.
- Edit and format web content to ensure it follows our corporate branding and style guidelines
- Define the intended outcomes of content production and promotion.
- Stay up to date with industry news and trends.
Distribution of global assets
- Work cross functionality within the organization (sales, marketing, product, etc)
- Sync with our European content team and local agencies to translate, distribute and scale content assets including blog posts, newsletters, case studies, landing pages, social media posts, webinars, white papers, etc, to drive organic traffic and help acquire new customers.
- Coordinate the scheduling and distribution of content with our social media team.
- 2+ years working in content creation
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Superior storytelling skills
- Advanced level SEO understanding, with an emphasis on content categorization and structure
- Strong online research skills
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms
- Comfortability with modern web technologies and marketing applications (including content management systems like Wordpress)
- Advanced level abilities with analytics tools like Google Analytics and Looker
- Experience working cross-functionally, especially across marketing disciplines, sales, design, and engineering
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks efficiently
- Have a strong work ethic and desire to learn/grow
- Relevant diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing is a plus
- Familiarity with photo/image editing (Photoshop) and video is a plus
- Experience in retail and/or restaurant industries is a plus
- Fluency in languages other than English is a plus
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!