Lightspeed is currently seeking a Collections Specialist to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Collections Manager, the ideal candidate is self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The Collections Specialist holds a customer-facing role and will primarily be responsible for contacting our customers with overdue account balances. If you love talking to customers, are familiar with accounting practices and can remain friendly, calm and authoritative, then this is the job for you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Communicate with customers for all outstanding amounts (primarily via phone)
- Arrange and follow up on payment agreements with customers
- Provide quality customer service to all our clients
- Identify the reasons for non-payment
- Produce the collection report in Excel
- Respond to all information requests from customers and different departments
What we’re looking for:
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Possess strong English communication skills (oral/written)
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Be a skilled negotiator, organized, versatile and autonomous
- Maintain good relationships
- Fluency in French, Dutch or Spanish
- Knowledge of Mac OS X
- Proficiency in any accounting system
- Knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables)
And what about the perks?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!