Come and join our Payments Operations team! You will play an integral role in the preliminary chargeback management process. Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes billions in transaction volume. You will work on end to end dispute management, responding to questions and chargeback deadline monitoring. You will support relevant financial and risk teams to help them minimize losses, report to management and identify and prevent fraud.
You will also be expected to provide your insights and expertise to help make the chargeback process better for Lightspeed’s merchants as part of process changes and part of technology and software improvements.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Owning all chargeback cases end to end from Inquiry to Resolution, including sub-merchant communication, collections and reconciliation
- Working with sub-merchants to gather compelling evidence and transaction details to represent chargeback cases on their behalf
- Efficiently researching transaction activity between multiple systems to validate transactions and funding history
- Ensuring accurate, timely and professional responses to casesand sub-merchants while managing multiple deadlines
- Maintaining strict adherence to domestic and international chargeback rules and regulations
- Providing excellent customer service and support to merchants while assisting them with responding to disputes
- Supporting Risk Teams to help analyze and prevent possible future fraudulent transactions as required (based on chargebacks received) by providing team members with transactions reviewed by them that have come back as fraud chargeback.
- Analyzing transaction errors which cause chargeback losses, troubleshooting to determine causes, and working with subject matter experts to identify and execute solutions
- Sharing ideas and information that could benefit merchants, reduce chargebacks or improve efficiency
- Liaise with internal teams, such as support, development, finance, risk and underwriting teams to manage chargebacks
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience working with large acquirers, issuers or within the bank industry
- Experience interacting with customers and great communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills while effectively handling high volume situations
- Ability to write reports and correspondence (for communication with customers)
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- University/College degree or equivalent working experience
- Excel skills
- Familiarity with tools such as Zendesk, Jira Service Desk, Google Office
Who you are:
- You are a detail-oriented, and enthusiastic person with a passion for problem-solving and helping others
- You are a quick learner and you can analyze information, think through difficult problems and make critical decisions based on limited information and/ or direction
- You have a keen eye for creating efficiencies in a fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for you:
- Autonomy, flexible work culture and exposure to a global business environment
- Opportunity to support and have a positive impact on small business owners through difficult circumstances
- A chance to be a part of an operations team building the foundations of a global payments business
- Growth opportunities within Payments operations and Fraud & Risk
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.