Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Chargeback Analyst to join our Payments Operations team. You will play an integral role in the preliminary chargeback management process. We're looking for a smart, detail-oriented, enthusiastic person with a passion for problem-solving, and can be relied on to identify problems and take corrective actions through collaboration.The successful candidate will be a quick learner with superior Excel skills, outstanding analytical skills, and a keen eye for creating efficiencies in a fast-paced environment.
Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes billions in transaction volume. You will work on end to end dispute management, responding to questions and chargeback deadline monitoring. You will be expected to support relevant financial and risk teams to help them minimize losses, report to management and identify and prevent fraud. You will also be expected to provide your insights and expertise to help make the chargeback process better for Lightspeed’s merchants as part of process changes and part of technology and software improvements.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Own all chargeback cases end to end from Inquiry to Resolution, including but not limited to sub-merchant communication and reconciliation
- Work with sub-merchants to gather compelling evidence and transaction details to represent chargeback cases on their behalf
- Efficiently research transaction activity between multiple systems to validate transactions and funding history
- Ensure accurate, timely and professional responses to casesand sub-merchants while managing multiple deadlines
- Maintain strict adherence to domestic and international chargeback rules and regulations
- Provide excellent customer service and provide merchant support as required
- Support Risk Teams to help analyze and prevent possible future fraudulent transactions as required (based on chargebacks received) by providing team members with transactions reviewed by them that have come back as fraud chargeback.
- Ability to analyze information, think through difficult problems and make critical decisions based on limited information and/ or direction
- Analyzing transaction errors which cause chargeback losses, troubleshooting to determine causes, and working with subject matter experts to identify and execute solutions
- Share ideas and information that could benefit merchants, reduce chargebacks and/ or improve efficiency
- Liaise with internal teams, such as support, development, finance, risk and underwriting teams to manage chargebacks
- Provide team members data on transactions reviewed by them that have come back as fraud chargeback.
- Strong customer service, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent client focus and attention to details
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills while effectively handling high volume situations
- Strong Internet research, Microsoft Office and overall PC skills
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Familiarity with tools such as Zendesk, Jira Service Desk, Google Office an asset
- Experience working with large acquirers and/ or issuers
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and work well under pressure
- University/College degree or equivalent working experience
- SQL experience preferred
And what about the work environment?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!