Lightspeed is looking for a commercially-driven intern to join our dynamic Channel Sales team. Located in Amsterdam and reporting into the Team Lead Channel Sales, you will assist the Channel team in developing and maintaining profitable relationships with Lightspeed resellers & distribution partners. Your daily tasks include searching new partners and managing reselling application requests. You will help in overseeing the lead referral process, make sure that our partners act in line with the Partner Program (e.g., have a dedicated landing page of Lightspeed), and work on channel marketing initiatives to generate more revenues for our partners. You will thus be a key asset in the team and help build the channel program in the EMEA region. You love challenges, possess a keen eye for detail, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while creating a better customer experience. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and Investissement Québec (IQ). With our recently acquired eCommerce platform SEOshop, Lightspeed is growing into an omnichannel solution for mid-market businesses worldwide. Our culture is focused on enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!
On a daily basis, you will:
- Search new partners and review & process partner application forms; participate in the recommendation of prospective partners and help grow the channel network
- Answer inquiries via phone/email and communicate any changes/updates to our partners
- Provide administrative support to partner managers in the Channel Sales department
- Track and manage partner certifications together with our SE&T team
- Oversee ongoing lead pairing with existing partners
- Participate in, and help to coordinate and drive channel marketing initiatives
- Track and manage partner promotions
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- BSc/MSc student in Business/Marketing/Innovation or other relevant studies
- 0.5/1 year commercial work experience, working in sales/business development
- Excellent communication skills, you are not afraid to go into another conversation
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- High interest in e-commerce, retail, horeca and business
- Experience with B2B software sales highly preferable
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Who you are
- You are ambitious and result-driven to accomplish your goals
- You are commercially-minded and like to assist in selling technology-based solutions via partners
- You are analytical and understand figures and KPIs that substantiate the business
- You love communicating with people and are able to convince with passion.
What we offer
- Internship remuneration
- A real ambitious, fun and inspiring work surrounding
- Room for ownership and initiative within a fast-growing organization
- A daily, healthy and free lunch
- "Work hard/play hard" - We celebrate our success!
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more;
- Daily catered lunches and snacks;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!