Lightspeed is seeking full-time Business Development Executive to join our Sales team. Reporting to the Sales Manager in Amsterdam, this role is responsible for driving revenue generation through phone and email correspondence as well as screen-sharing presentations to potential customers. The Business Development Executive’s mandate is to build solutions for retailers who are looking to adopt Lightspeed for their business. The ideal candidate will have experience selling technology-based solutions, and will not be afraid of a fast-paced, high-energy inside sales environment. Compensation involves a competitive base salary, plus uncapped commissions. Ambitious and successful Business Development Executives will have access to significant earning potential.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Follow-up on and manage qualified leads by phone and email;
- locate new business opportunities;
- work with management on pricing negotiations;
- attend on-site demos and meetings as required;
- achieve and surpass monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas;
- lead one-on-one screen-sharing presentations as required;
- work with Lead Generation to coordinate appointments and optimal scheduling;
- effectively lead prospects through a defined sales process;
- track prospect progression to close in Salesforce.com;
- handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment;
- strong presentation skills;
- experience with and solid understanding of quoting, invoicing, and purchasing;
- fluency in French;
- excellent written and spoken English;
- passion for people and technology;
- technical aptitudes;
- excellent customer service skills;
- strong attention to detail;
- ability to work well under pressure;
- excellent telephone manner;
- open availability.
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and iOS;
- experience with Salesforce.com;
- experience with SaaS;
- retail experience;
- understanding of accounting principles;
- database, POS, or ERP system experience.