Lightspeed is seeking full-time Business Development Executive to join the Sales team for our Golf product. Reporting to the Director of Sales, this role is responsible for driving revenue generation through phone and email correspondence as well as screen-sharing presentations to potential customers. The Business Development Executive’s mandate is to build solutions for golf courses who are looking to adopt Lightspeed's portfolio of products for their business. The ideal candidate will have experience selling technology-based solutions, and will not be afraid of a fast-paced, high-energy inside sales environment. Compensation involves a competitive base salary, plus uncapped commissions. Ambitious and successful Business Development Executives will have access to significant earning potential.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its cloud-based software provides solutions to 650+ golf courses, coupled with a marketplace for golfers to find & book games in real-time. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Chronogolf by Lightspeed provides golf courses manager with the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. We empower business owners with a complete overview of their facility in one place thanks to a platform that manages everything ranging from booking management to customers subscriptions, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Chronogolf has been disrupting the golf market since 2012, bringing a cloud-based solution to an industry relying on on-site hardware.
- Follow-up on and manage qualified leads by phone and email
- Locate new business opportunities
- Work with management on pricing negotiations
- Attend on-site demos and meetings as required
- Achieve and surpass monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Wow prospects by leading one-on-one screen-sharing presentations as required
- Work with Lead Generation to coordinate appointments and optimal scheduling Effectively lead prospects through a defined sales process
- Track prospect progression to close in Salesforce.com
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with and solid understanding of quoting, invoicing, and purchasing
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Passion for people and technology
- Technical aptitudes
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner
- Open availability
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and iOS
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with SaaS
- Passion for golf
- Retail experience
- Fluency in French
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Database, POS, or ERP system experience
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!