Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Business Analyst to join the Payments team as we continue to expand our offering and global presence.. Reporting to the General Manager of Financial Services we are looking for insightful and analytical individuals to be a financial and strategic partner. Your work will be instrumental to Lightspeed achieving its mission, be highly visible to Financial leadership, and will drive key insights for executive discussions. If you are curious, ambitious, detail oriented along with a mind for analysis, mapping and financial acumen, then this may be the position for you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Work closely with the Financial Service organization to identify financial and strategic opportunities and drive successful outcomes
- Join Payment partnerships to drive financial analyses impacting high-stakes negotiations
- Leverage your financial background to support and influence key strategic and business decisions through rigorous analysis (e.g., negotiating new contract terms, evaluating prospective partnerships, sizing market opportunities)
- Develop and monitor critical business metrics and communicate actionable insights to stakeholders
- Build and own financial models and ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy
- Provide support on complex projects and ad hoc analysis. Contribute to the design of financial models, scenarios, and sensitivities for projects and reporting requirements. Apply models and interpret results
- Build clear and insightful reports. Improve the financial reports reliability, accuracy, clarity and production time
- Automate and optimize efficient and accurate data flows between various financial and enterprise systems allowing for sustainable and scalable reporting
- Build relationships with other departments and help create system solutions to accurately record new business transactions for both operational and consolidated results
- Support the development and implementation of dashboards and management reports to meet the needs of all stakeholders
- Ensure that the business processes in place enable accurate financial information and put in place necessary corrective measures in a timely manner
- Understand the competitive landscape that Lightspeed competes within and assist with market analysis
- Ensure reporting processes and key controls maintain SOX compliance
- Work with the Financial Systems and Support Group to ensure timely and accurate resolution of system related issues
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 2-4 years of strategic finance, financial modeling and analysis, strategic consulting experience or similar experience
- Expert knowledge in SQL experience is a must
- Support business and product development teams in building business cases, new
- product development, financial models, and opportunity sizing
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and to work well under
- Self starter with aptitude to plan, organize, and perform multiple tasks concurrently in order to
- meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative
- Able to handle a high volume of transactions
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience building KPI
- Experience with budget
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with Adaptive Insights or planning software
- Experience with Looker
- Strong interest in Information Systems Software
- Excellent written and spoken French
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Beautiful office spaces across the globe;
- Work from home and remote work opportunities
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Awesome benefits and perks alongside autonomy and flexibility in your work
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!