What you’ll be responsible for
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Resolving client-billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner
- Collecting customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Maintaining accurate and complete notes of conversations with delinquent customers in order to facilitate further collection activity
- Identifying issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management and with Sales Rep
- Setting up and documenting payment arrangements with debtors
- Providing timely follow-up on payment arrangements
- Identifying, preparing and forwarding accounts to the appropriate collection agencies
- Interacting with collection agencies through on-going communication to resolve delinquent accounts
- Meeting monthly recovery targets
- 1-2 years of experience in a collections position or customer facing role
- Strong English and French communication skills (oral/written)
- You are self-motivated, and you possess strong organizational skills
- A problem solver with an analytical mind
- A strong Critical thinker and skilled negotiator
- Someone who is able to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment
- Detail oriented and have an eye for accuracy
- Knowledge of Mac OS X
- Proficiency in any accounting system
- Knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables)
- Lots of autonomy, flexible and fun work culture
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- A chance to be a part of an operations team building the foundations of a global payments business
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!