Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You’re a great developer with a strong technical background. You're pretty awesome at supporting, mentoring and working with a team, and have a reputation for delivering. You slay at problem-solving, and your not-so-secret weapon is pragmatism. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, and you pride yourself on being able to bridge the gap between stakeholders and developers.
Most important of all, you’ll work with payment experts and you’ll be part of a growing department that is a big part of Lightspeed’s success. You’ll also help our merchants by creating new features that will help them grow their business.
What you'll be responsible for
- Design, document and implement microservices;
- Maintain and add features to existing services;
- Participate in development planning, retrospectives and demos;
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks that inhibit the team’s ability to deliver;
- Help decompose high level requirements into development tasks and work items for delegation;
- Keep the team informed regarding expectations, priorities, release status and project schedules;
- Lead effort estimation for sprint and product roadmap deliverables;
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices;
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team;
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization;
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team;
- Participate in code reviews in order to teach and enforce high standards of code quality;
- Support the tools and products that the team delivers.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Senior Software Developer
- Programming experience in another OOP language such as Java, C#.
- Professional experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of docker, helm and kubernetes
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud computing
- Solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery of best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with other teams including QA, Product and Customer Support
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience in the Retail industry
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience as a DevOps, Sysadmin, or Webmaster
- Project Management or Scrum master experience (or formal training)
- Experience managing QA resources
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence
Who you are
- We look for problem solvers that do not shy away from tackling complexity, and love critical thinkers
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of comfort zone
- You have a great energy and passion for technology
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!