Lightspeed POS Inc. is seeking an Art Director. The successful candidate will play an active role in the design process by determining which artistic elements to use, review and approve copy, designs or photography, and determine how to best represent the creative director’s concept.
The successful candidate will also help to articulate Lightspeed’s brand in fresh, effective and accessible ways, and will be a collaborative, deadline-driven, and project manager at once. He or she will have demonstrated design expertise in both print and digital media.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Most important of all, our marketing team is best in class and is pretty freaking awesome. Yes! really - We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. So, if you are looking to come to work and work with incredible people every day and do the best work of your life, you have come to the right place.
- Lead and manage the design team, including assign projects, coach and evaluate designers in the execution of prescribed designs
- Identify, engage and manage outside vendors to complete projects on-time while maintaining a high level of production standards
- Superior design sensibility and mastered composition techniques (demonstrated understanding of page layout, typography, color theory and choice/use of assets such as photography and illustration)
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles, and advanced layout and typography acumen
- Display proficiency in current best practices and methodologies for graphics design, user experience design and visual communications
- 5+ years of relevant experience in graphic design
- Proficient in current best practices and methodologies for graphics design, user experience design and visual communications
- Experience in high-level project management and managing high-performing creative teams through the end-to-end creative process
- Passion for technology and experience working in a SaaS/B2B company
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Bilingual proficiency required (French/English)
What's in It for You?
- Position based out of our Montreal office located at 700 Rue Saint Antoine E, Montréal, QC H2Y 1A6;
- Permanent, full-time position;
- Annual salary of $67,000 – $72,000;
- Health and Dental benefits;
- Annual salary review based on performance
Also, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
To apply, please visit https://www.lightspeedhq.com/careers/