Lightspeed is seeking a full time API Integrations Consultant to join the Strategic Solutions team. You will focus on building and maintaining relationships with our strategic customers through key development and integration partnerships. You will provide support throughout the development process, enabling the developers to plan, build, and launch successful integrations for the Lightspeed platform.
From vetting requirements in the pre-sales process all the way to post-launch recaps, you will play a pivotal role in outlining and defining acceptable use practices looking to develop and extend our platform.
As a Strategic Solutions team member, this role will work closely with other team members such as Consultants, FSSs, CSMs, Support Specialist and will have strong ties to Support and Product owners to ensure their clients’ needs are being addressed in a timely manner.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Working closely consulting our strategic customers building custom integrations for Lightspeed. Provide continued support throughout the development process via email, telephone, and video chat.
- Coaching developers on following best practices when integrating with Lightspeed.
- Working closely with the Strategic Alliances team and potential integration partners to determine if an application would function with the Lightspeed platform.
- Guiding developers through the process of getting started with the Lightspeed API.
- Creating and maintaining API documentation for integration partners.
- Working with Product, Development, and Support teams to constantly continuously improve our products and knowledge.
- Documenting and tracking issues and resolutions.
- Utilizing consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of developer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution(s).
- Utilizing existing experience and knowledge of Lightspeed to advise partners on how best to build successful integrations.
- Communicating with staff members regarding current and ongoing customer and product issues.
- Providing training to internal staff members so they can continue to learn more about API and/or stay up to date with new API endpoints.
- The ability to monitor and administrate the various API developer forums. Answer questions and discover where developers get stuck.
About our team
The Strategic Solutions team is responsible for Lightspeed’s premium customers: from pre-sale to post-sale, the team ensures these customers feel confident in their investment in Lightspeed. Composed of select, top-performing members from our sales, onboarding, support and customer success teams, the Strategic Solutions team is in charge of implementing and supporting Lightspeed throughout their customer journey. Join our elite team and work with our largest and most complex customers at the highest level of support.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 2+ years experience in a technical role that put you in direct contact with customers or clients.
- A strong understanding of software development practices.
- The ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Server-side web application development experience with any programming language (e.g. Python, PHP, Node.js).
- Experience with relational database technologies (e.g. MySQL,PostgreSQL).
- Strong technical troubleshooting abilities.
- Comfortable with a flexible work schedule.
- High level understanding of cloud service providers (e.g. Google Cloud Services, Amazon Web Services) in order to recommend these services to customers.
- Basic understanding of how to use a version control system to manage documentation/code
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Retail and/or Hospitality industry experience (Hotels and/or Restaurants).
- Understands the sales cycle and customer journey in a SaaS environment.
- Ability to travel as part of our field support team (US-Canada).
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to be part of an extremely knowledgeable team, that helps out our biggest and most complex customers
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!