Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable for a permanent position. The AP Clerk will manage payments and help to control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this may be the position for you.
If you are ready for the unique challenges that come with being part of a fast-growing organization, you love to learn, and you're ready to roll up your sleeves to get things done, we want you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thanks to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Verify, code, and match invoices; enter into accounting system
- Review invoice approvals
- Complete monthly payment reconciliations
- Complete monthly credit card and bank account reconciliations, including journal entries
- Complete A/R listing and reconciliation
- Work with the accountant to ensure adequate cash balances are available for forecasted payments
- Manage employee expense reimbursement policy and payment
- Prepare cheque runs and deposits and wire transfers
- Maintain vendor accounts
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Assist in month end closing
- Complete a variety of accounting tasks as required by the Director of Finance
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 1 - 2 years experience in a similar position
- DEC or B.Comm in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Excel
- Perfect written and spoken English and French
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality; adept at handling sensitive documents and information
- Knowledge of MacOS X
- Proficiency in any accounting package
- Experience with Netsuite
And when you aren't helping control expenses?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!