Upserve by Lightspeed is searching for its next Accounting Associate. You will be responsible for daily entry of financial transactions into the accounting software program.
- Perform Accounts Payable function, including processing invoices and payments
- Ensures all invoices have proper G/L coding and follow established approval guidelines
- Maintain accounting records and provide support to Finance Team
- Enter credit card charges into accounting software and perform reconciliations of credit card statements.
- Assist with monthly close process, including preparation of reconciliation reports and researching discrepancies
- Assist with audits by independent auditors, government agencies and others. This includes preparation of the prepared by client documentation and schedules.
- Helping implement internal controls, streamlining accounting processes and creating best practices across the organization
- Preparing ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
What you'll bring to the team:
- Minimum 1 year experience in equivalent position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with NetSuite (ERP)
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a small but mighty team that’s making a huge impact on our quest to empower small and medium-sized businesses with cool tech that’s critical to managing their business!
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true North American tech success story
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!