Lightspeed is experiencing rapid growth and as a result we are looking for the best people who like to work hard, achieve targets and are number one. To succeed in this role, a possible trainee should be ambitious, driven, and hardworking. This internship also requires strong time management and organisational skills. You must also be able to follow instructions and motivate yourself. If this sounds like who you, then let us know!
Lightspeed is looking for an Account Management Intern to join our sales team based in Ghent. This function is an inside-sales function in our centrally located office on Sint-Denijslaan and requires no travelling. We are growing and are therefore looking for the best sellers in the market who would like to contribute to our success.
Are you ambitious? Do you want to gain experience in sales so that you can learn a lot about deals before you grow into a 'hardcore' sales role? Do you enjoy dealing with customers? If so, we want to hear from you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. It is smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
As an Account Management Intern you will:
- Identify opportunities and maximise growth for our current customers, primarily through telephone and e-mail communication
- Ensure that all incoming leads are put through to account management team qualification
- Make a big impression on our customers by offering them a world-class experience
- Identify customer needs to determine opportunities for upsells and cross sells
- Manage multiple lead sources, including incoming calls, emails, and chats
- Manage existing customer database with Salesforce, to ensure that all communication is recorded and identified
- Collaborate with the team to develop new strategies to increase the current sales pipeline and consistently achieve monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- BSc/MSc student in Business/Marketing/Innovation or other relevant studies
- 0.5/1 year commercial work experience, working in sales/business development
- Excellent communication skills, you are not afraid to go into another conversation
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- High interest in e-commerce, retail, horeca and business
- Experience with B2B software sales highly preferable
- Fluent in Dutch and English, French and German preferred
Who you are
- You are ambitious and result-driven to accomplish your goals
- You are commercially-minded and like to assist in selling technology-based solutions via partners
- You are analytical and understand figures and KPIs that substantiate the business
- You love communicating with people and are able to convince with passion.
What we offer
- A real ambitious, fun and inspiring work surrounding
- Room for ownership and initiative within a fast-growing organization
- Free drinks & snacks
- "Work hard/play hard" - We celebrate our success!
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party in Amsterdam, the bi-annual company barbecues and many more;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!