Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Director, Software Development to join our team in Montreal. You will be responsible for supporting engineering teams working on Lightspeed products, helping them to deliver value rapidly and frequently. In this role, you will be working directly with a group of Software Development Managers to help their teams continuously improve their processes, tooling, and performance. You’ll make sure we’re growing a diverse, happy, and high-performing organisation of Software Engineers.
For this role, we are open to office based, hybrid, and location will be Montreal, Toronto Or Ottawa
What you’ll be doing:
- Ultimately responsible for the output of engineering teams in your group, and the value they deliver to our retailers. You’ll work with your SDMs to ensure their teams are able to do great work and rapidly deliver value.
- Collaborate with your Product and Design peers to solve problems that might block teams from shipping
- Ensure we have the right team structure and size to deliver on demands from the business, and that the roadmap is realistic based on the team size we have
- Responsible for the performance of your engineering teams. You’ll work with SDMs to understand individual and group performance, then follow up with action to make sure people are working at their best.
- Performance at Lightspeed is more than raw output: it includes engagement, satisfaction, and retention. We value output, and well-rounded humans who work as a great team.
- Ensure that pay reviews are fair and equitable, and reward great performance.
- Ensure everyone has a growth plan that suits them, and are making progress on that plan.
- Maintain a diverse hiring pipeline and participate in hiring process with SDMs
Process & Product Improvement:
- Ensure that the teams are using processes that result in great output. We measure outcomes for our stakeholders, not timesheets or Jira ticket counts.
- Ensure that technologies and platforms are appropriate, and solve the problems at hand, while also future-proofing and catering for forecasted scale
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a leader who has experience with the following:
- Experience leading other leaders in a software engineering organisation
- People management: experience in hiring, performance management, and growth
- Technical experience in software product engineering
- Experience working in product engineering and/or SaaS software delivery (not a hard requirement)
- The hunger to learn across the core areas of your domain, to synthesize insights from your learnings and to leverage those insights in your team.
- Highly collaborative and effective team member.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture.
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Flexible remote options
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.