5 Key Takeaways From The Brick and Mortar Survival Guide
In our latest webinar, Director of Sales Engineering and Training Brad Malmberg shares how brick-and-mortar retailers can use their point-of-sale to take advantage of the latest retail trends. Here are five highlights from the 60-minute long session and catch the webinar live on Wednesday, April 30:
1. Omnichannel is the only channel: Retail is becoming more fluid and customers expect to be able to get in touch with you from a variety of platforms; adaptation and evolution, in-store and online, is key.
2. Sell around the clock: Your first contact with a customer isn’t the only opportunity to make a sale. Use promotions and targeted marketing to extend your store’s reach online, which will in turn create new sales opportunities in-store as well.
3. Fall in love (with your customers): Rediscover what you can do to help customers form bonds with your brand and develop an emotional connection with your store. You’re their advocate and their expert—get inspired to be their spiritual guide to shopping!
4. How to avoid being “unsubscribed”: You want to be in touch with your customers over email, but you don’t want them to feel spammed. With customized, tailored messaging, they’re more likely to respond positively.
5. Learn when to offer the “extras”: Offering add-on items can sometimes alter the entire “mood” of the experience for the customer. Mobile POS can suggest extra items in a more discrete way, making it seem like less of a “hard sell”.
For deeper insight into how brick-and-mortar retailers can prosper in the evolving detail landscape, register here.